Thursday, August 02, 2012

Hiking Hijinks!


While hiking in the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park near the Green Mountain Summit, my right sole separated from my boot.  So my brother and I stopped to tape it up. After we taped up the right boot and tied it with a cord, my brother noticed my left sole was now coming apart.  Having used almost all of our duct tape, we only had a cord and a strip of tape remaining. So my boots which I've used over the past 10 years essentially became flip flops. Hiking back the six or so miles we'd already hiked in proved to be a challenge in duct taped feet.




While this has been my first boot mishap, I've been known to have an ankle problems involving duct tape and power bars.  So, no matter when/where I hike. I must load up on the duct tape, and be ready to stomp through the wilderness with silver booties.


No comments: